
I've known Stephanie since she was about six months old.
I volunteered to watch over her while her parents Greg and Suzanne went to purchase a new vehicle.
"We will be fine", I said.
A couple of hours later, the child was inconsolable.
Gave bottle:check.
Diaper:check.
I tried other things within my limited scope of motherhood knowledge and yet nothing.
She sounded like her toenails were being yanked from her cute feet.
By the time her parents came home, they could hear her all the way from the garage. Alarmed, they hurried in to see a very sweaty and frazzled me and a much distressed Stephanie.
In 50 seconds, the problem was solved.
Solution: The second bottle, all ready, waiting in the fridge.
I was clueless then (still am now).
I was raised to think you could get a baby impacho-ed (filipino old wives tale for over-fed).
Needless to say I never made that mistake again with my first child 5 years later. (Thanks, Steph)
She turns 13 on November 4th.
She is an extremely amazing young woman.
Has always been thoughtful, kind to everyone and patient with my two daughters. (they consider her to be their bestfriend)
The kind of child she is has always set the bar extremely high for other children, including my own.
She must have a really good mother.
(whose birthday is tomorrow, Nov. 3rd)
Happy Birthday.
No comments:
Post a Comment