May 13, 2007
Dear Sherry,
I am a regular customer at ***** and your store has always been staffed by the most courteous and professional employees.
Unfortunately, last friday (May 11th, 2007) we had a very disappointing experience.
My 6 year old daughter and I stopped in for a few things.
As I got in line at the express check out lane (12 or less) the cashier (her name was Brenda) informed me that I could not use her lane.
After I told her that I had 12 items, she shook her head with an apparent grimace on her face.
Confused, I clarified by asking her if in fact 12 was the limit—she responded with:
“It doesn’t matter.”
As she proceeded to scan my items she stopped me three more times to challenge my count of 12.
When she finished she saw for herself that I, in fact, had 11 items.
After I suggested she apologize for what I considered harassing behavior, an argument ensued. One of the managers (his name was Brian) stepped in ostensibly to stop the escalating
(and pretty embarrassing) debacle.
In a time that the ***** area is provided with shopping options with the arrival of Trader Joe’s and Wholefoods, I imagine ***** would like to be sure that an isolated case such as Brenda’s unprofessional behavior will not be tolerated.
Thank you, Sherry, for your prompt attention to the matter.
Sincerely,
Chesca Silva
**update:
Brenda is no longer employed at the store. Sherry told me that she had already noticed that Brenda had issues. Their review of the video tape gave them a solid case to terminate her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
wow! You go girl! *note to self... dont mess with chesca! *wink
Post a Comment